To prepare for the coming negotiation, you must discuss with your team the following 8 questions and write a report:
1. What are the issues to be negotiated?
2. What are the priorities among the issues in the bargaining mix?
3. What are the underlying primary interests?
4. What are the limits on each issue – walkaway points and BATNAs?
5. What are my target points and opening requests on these issues?
6. Who are the important constituencies to whom I am accountable?
7. What do I know about the other negotiator’s interests, negotiating style, and personal reputation?
8. What overall strategy do I want to pursue?
Comments are closed.