Newspaper Analysis (Written report): 15%
1) Choose a topic from Micro economics that matters to you and find a recent news article covering that topic. For example following can be some of the useful topics: – Energy Policy of Australia – Demand and supply of certain resources in Australia – Oligopoly, Monopoly and Duopoly in Australia – Costs of production in Australian industries. – Environmental effects on Great Barrier Reef and its economic impact
2) Evaluate the article using Economic concepts. You should include
• The essence of the story (1 to 2 paragraphs): Introduce the issue, who is interested in it and why.
• The economic analysis (3 to 4 paragraphs): Explain how you can present the issue in terms of economic concepts and theories you have learnt in class.
• Explain your view (2 to 3 paragraphs): Explain what actions you would recommend to the key players and/or policy holders.
• Explain how the above analysis supports your conclusion (1 to 2 paragraphs).
3) You may provide graphs/charts/diagrams where necessary to enhance your presentation style.
4) Students need to submit ONLY the SOFT COPY of the assignment and upload on BB by that time.
5) References (may be 4 to 6 )
1) Critical thinking skills
2) Clarity of writing and ability to express your ideas
3) Ability to use economic concepts and theories in the cont
Comments are closed.