You will select an article that uses mathematics from a journal of your choice. (Do not select an article from a mathematics journal. The article must come from a health science, including animal health, or a nursing journal.)
The purpose of this assignment is to describe the mathematics that you find in the article. The article you chose should not be longer than 10 pages. You will write a summary (maximum: three pages) of the article in your own words in the following format:
1) Introduction: Summarize the article by briefly saying what the article is about.
2) What types of numbers are used? (Integers, fractions, real, scientific notation, significant digits, etc.)
3) What are the measurements? (Metric, US customary, weights, lengths, amounts of things (mole), litres, etc.)
4) What kind of expressions, formulas, or equations are used? (Linear, polynomial, exponential, other)
5) Are there any mathematical objects in the article that are not covered in this course? (Matrix and/or vector algebra (jointly called Linear Algebra), statistics, etc.)
6) Does the article refer to any mathematical computer programs that the authors used to generate their results? (Maple, Mathematica, Sage, MatLab, SAS, SPSS, R, Excel, C++, Python, etc.)
7) Use APA citation for the article.